Re: CVS Build problem (what.m missing?)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: CVS Build problem (what.m missing?)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:57:32 -0400

On 25-Oct-2007, Fredrik Lingvall wrote:

| So the fortran test file seems OK but ./conftest don't print anything
| (it should be 'succeeded'
| or 'failed', right?). Too verify that there is no problem with the BLAS
| lib I did this in matlab,
|
| >> zx = 1:10 + i*zeros(1,10);
| >> zy = zeros(1,10) + i*(1:10);
| >> zy*zx'
|
| ans =
|
|         0 + 3.8500e+02i
|

| which uses the same BLAS and LAPACK libs, which is set by these exports:
|
| export BLAS_VERSION=/usr/local/lib/libBLAS.so
| export LAPACK_VERSION=/usr/local/lib/libLAPACK.so
| export LAPACK_VERBOSITY=1
| export MATLAB_MEM_MGR=system

So it works with Matlab.  This doesn't verify that your lapack library
is compiled such that it uses the same calling convention for
functions returning complex values that is used by gfortran.  What
happens if you take the program that configure is trying to compile,
save it in foo.f, and run

  gfortran foo.f -L/usr/local/lib -lBLAS -lLAPACK
  ./a.out

What does that print?  If that succeeds, then I think you need to look
at config.log to see precisely how the test program is being compiled
and why it fails.