RE: wxt (was: Re: improved __contourc__.cc + filled contours)

From: Schirmacher, Rolf
Subject: RE: wxt (was: Re: improved __contourc__.cc + filled contours)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:16:43 +0200

Starting by a plot command in octave:
looks like "windows" although pressing "h" on the plot window gives a help
text in octave that talks about an x11 terminal window. Nevertheless, the
only working keys I found are "h" for help and "q" for quit. I get the mouse
pointer as a cross and the actual mouse position on the lower left of the
windows border, so it looks like a "windows" term to me.

> What terminal type would you like to use?

wxt

> Are you running X (that's required for the x11 and wxt terminals)?

No, not that I know of. Just plain Win XP and the MSVC binary distrib, no
mingw, no cygwin installed, no X server installed, ...

> If you start gnuplot from a command shell, does the terminal type you
> want to use by default show up in the list that is printed in response
> to the command
>
>   set terminal
>
> at the gnuplot prompt?  If not, then your copy of gnuplot wasn't
> compiled with the driver to support the terminal.

yes, gnuplot has the wxt terminal. Even when I do a system('wgnuplot'); in
octave, gnuplot starts up with the wxt term. Starting pgnuplot by double
clicking (it hangs from within octave...), it also starts with wxt term. So,
a missing X server or wxt support cannot be the reason ... strange ...

> jwe

Rolf