Re: 2.9.15 --> 3.0

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 2.9.15 --> 3.0
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:30:50 -0400

On  7-Oct-2007, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

| Either synchronize the files in emacs/ with those of GNU Emacs or remove
| them completely from the tarball.  The problem with the later option is that
| users of XEmacs will be out of luck.

I checked and the files that are currently in the Emacs CVS archive
will work with XEmacs with only the minor change of deleting the last
two args from the calls to define-abbrev.  Perhaps newer versions of
XEmacs will also accept these additional arguments?

So for now, I put the versions from the GNU Emacs CVS archive in the
Octave emacs/ directory and deleted the extra args from the calls to
define-abbrev so they should work with GNU Emacs (versions 21 or 22 at
least) and XEmacs.

Thanks,