Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave: 0.3.0

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave: 0.3.0
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 16:22:47 -0400

On 10/7/07, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/6/07, Alexander Barth <address@hidden> wrote:
> From the gl2ps web site, gl2ps should use by default "Miler Join". I
> found here an explanation of different joint styles:
> http://www.bluevoid.com/opengl/sig00/advanced00/notes/node290.html
>
> However, it seems that gl2ps does not use this type of join. Maybe it
> needs to be enabled somewhere?
>
> Alex

I think some of the problems arise from gl2ps not knowing which lines
should be joined -- You can give it  a hint by using GL_LINE_STRIP and
GL_LINE_LOOP when drawing connected lines, but I think even then it
doesn't do it right on some circumstances. Agagin, this is a
shortcoming of OpenGL, not gl2ps

Thanks for your reply. I'm actually using GL_LINE_STRIP and GL_LINE_LOOP. In very simple cases, gl2ps makes indeed a Miter join. But if the figure get more complex, all lines are drawn seperatly in the eps export (and thus no line join). On the screen, there is no line join at all.
Perhaps, a line join must be coded explicitly in opengl.

Alex