Re: gnuplot output from print?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: gnuplot output from print?
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:24:18 -0400

On  6-Sep-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| John W. Eaton skrev:
| > | 3) I can't figure out how to use it :-)
| >
| > You currently have to choose a terminal type, so try:
| >
| >   print -deps -debug=FILE.gp
| >
| > I chose this -debug=FILE syntax to simplify argument processing and
| > minimize the changes to the print function.
| I tried this:
|
|    plot(sin(linspace(0, 2*pi, 100)))
|    print -deps -debug=FILE.gp
|
| which gives me the following error/warning:
|
|    lpr: Error - no default destination available.
|
| and a file called '=FILE.gp'. This file is however very usable to me.

Oops, I should have said that you currently have to choose a terminal
type and output file, so try something like:

    print -deps -debug=FILE.gp FILE.eps

| P.S. I really love this feature :-) With this, we can have both matlab
| compatible plotting and great gnuplot support. The best of both worlds...

The only drawback that I see is that it encourages people to continue
doing gnuplot-specific tricks for plotting that will likely stop
working at some point.