on the glpk patch for octave

From: M. White
Subject: on the glpk patch for octave
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:38:53 -0500

Hi,

I've been reading the discussions of the glpk patch for octave in trying to get the darwinports/macports version of octave working on my machine, and I don't think the current patch in the octave CVS directory will work for glpk 4.14, as it designates the macro definition GLPK_PRE_4_15 rather than GLPK_PRE_4_14. So, if one has glpk 4.14, it looks as if the patch will treat it the same as the earlier versions (unless the macro is mis-named), and it will not work (because I had to look at __glpk__.cc in the CVS directory to figure out how to hack my copy so that I could get macports to build octave 2.9.9 with glpk 4.14 support). The fix should be simple enough to change the macro to be pre 4.14 and not 4.15. Anyway, since keeping some level of backwards compatibility seems like it is important to the developers, I'd thought I'd comment about the potential problem I see in the patch in the CVS directory.

Regards,

  - M.