__gnuplot_send_inline_data__ (data);

From: Philippe Leroux
Subject: __gnuplot_send_inline_data__ (data);
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:30:42 +0100 (CET)

I subscribed to the mailling list after having read
about

 __gnuplot_send_inline_data__ (data);

in a post not long ago

today, octaves output a file in /tmp for each line
drawn

try
 x=randn(2,200)+j*randn(2,200)
 plot(x)

you get 200 files of about 150 bytes (i have resierfs)

now do this hundreds of times to print png and make a
video out of it (i actually make a video of
connections between mobiles and base stations for my
actual work)

/tmp gets blotted and octave cant clear /tmp
because rm /tmp/oct* doesn't work (it echos : too many
arguments when doing it via the command line)

my /tmp got blotted by 6 Go before i realised this
with reiserfs it took one full night to remove the
files by removing : rm -rf /tmp

moreover making those pngs via gnuplot with a temp
file
takes 100% of my second cpu (amd64 X2) by gnuplot
(hopefully i have two cpu :))

questions :
will  __gnuplot_send_inline_data__ (data)
prevent this,
and how fast will it be to draw 500 lines * 500 frames

I cant wait to try it, when is  2.9.10 coming out?

by the way
thank you very much for this piece of software

and to answer an other post, using a bug reporting
tool would actually be great.

P.L.

Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur
Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com