Re: MSVC/Win32: building the documentation

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: MSVC/Win32: building the documentation
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:27:26 +0100

John W. Eaton a écrit :
OK, this problem was bugging me, and I found a few minutes.  Does the
following patch help?

Yes it does. Thanks.

However, I have something to ask. I tried to compile octave with MSVC from the cygwin shell instead of MSYS (packages are more up-to-date and easier to install). Everything went
almost fine except for 2 things, maybe you can help.

1) the current gperf version provided by cygwin is 2.7.x. This version produces an invalid header (the result type of octave_kw_hash::in_word_set is empty). Is it possible to use this version, or do I really need an more recent version (which is unfortunately not available
by default)

2) building the doc fails at various points:
- when generating the figures with run-octave, it looks like the process is terminated before the actual file has been written by gnuplot, resulting in an empty file; I solved that by adding a "sleep(1)" command after the regular command of run-octave in
     doc/interpreter/Makefile.in
   - texi2dvi gives an error I can't decode:

This is e-TeXk, Version 3.141592-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
file:line:error style messages enabled.
%&-line parsing enabled.
---! /var/lib/texmf/web2c/etex.fmt was written by pdfetex
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: texinfo.tex appears to be broken, quitting.

If I manually set TEX=tex before calling texi2dvi, it works fine. Do you have any
     idea about what's going on?

Michael.