Re: decompress any compressed type

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: decompress any compressed type
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:37:32 -0400

On 19-Oct-2006, Bill Denney wrote:

| Because this functionality is needed and the other similarities between
| these, it seems to me that it may be better to consolidate the features
| of the decompression/extraction codes into one function.  What would you
| think about that?

Yes, I think it would be good to put the common features in a single
function, or at least have some shared private function(s) to handle
the tasks that are common to these functions.  But it is not clear to
me how much gzip/gunzip and zip/unzip will have in common since they
do different things.  The zip/unzip functions are more like tar/untar
with compression (do Matlab's tar/untar functions also do compression?).