Re: use of system to copy files in pkg.m

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: use of system to copy files in pkg.m
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:10:41 +0200

Hi,

John W. Eaton skrev:
If Windows provides functions to copy and move files, then I suppose
we could implement these in C++ with separate code for Windows (but
still using the external cp and mv programs to do the real work on
Unixy systems).
I haven't worked on windows for years, but I do believe the windows people have to programs that work like "cp" and "mv", and that they are called "copy" and "move". These go back to the DOS days, but I think they still exist. So when we get a native windows version, I guess copyfile and movefile could be implemented by calling these functions.

But can't we simply use the function you included in your mail, and handle the problem when we actually have a native windows version. I'd hate to see the unix version being held back by the non-existing windows version.

Søren