Re: Octave-2.9.9 luinc failure

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave-2.9.9 luinc failure
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:07:52 -0400

On  3-Oct-2006, David Bateman wrote:

| This is one of those bugs when you don't have all of the dependent
| libraries installed. A possible fix though I'm unsure if it is complete
| is the attached..

OK, I already figured out the patch for luinc.cc.  I also checked in
your change for MatrixType.cc, but with the check changed to p != 0
instead of perm != 0, since it seems that on entry to this constructor
perm will always be 0.

With this change, I can build without sparse libraries and run the
all the tests though some fail due to missing features.  This is not
surprising to me, but I wonder if we should fix the tests so that they
don't try to test things that can't possibly work due to missing
functionality.  I'm not asking you to make the changes, just whether
you think it is a reasonable thing to do.

Thanks,