Re: Updated Octave Book

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Updated Octave Book
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:46:59 -0600

I'm not sure about their policies on that.  I know that at least one of
their books, Linux Device Drivers Third Edition
http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/, is available under the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/>.  This may be because
the authors have enough "clout" to mandate that of O'Reilly, but I'm not
sure.

As to the above mentioned book, I originally just read it in PDF form,
but in the end I bought it because there is something to be said for
having it in print.  I suppose I could have just printed it out, but I
have no problems paying someone for a lot of work they have done, when
they ask nicely ;)

- John