Re: Jump from 2.1.65 to 2.9.5

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Jump from 2.1.65 to 2.9.5
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:16:24 -0500

Bill Denney wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by them being fixed. One way to think about this is:

* You create an uninterpreted (single quoted) string.
* You pass that string to a function that interprets the string (sprintf).

I suppose that is one way of looking at it.  Of course, if one thinks in the
manner of C where escape characters are always enterpretted as single
characters, whether inside single or double quotes, whether as an argument of a
function or not, it's confusing.

Dan