new gnuplot interface

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: new gnuplot interface
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:35:08 +0300

Hi all,

As discussed in the graphics list, I've been making a new interface
to gnuplot which essentially decouples the core octave completely from
gnuplot, making it possible to easily override the plotting functions with
an alternate graphics engine.

I believe the code is now ready for a wider testing, i.e. to be added to the
CVS version.

I'm attaching two sets of files to this mail, gptpatch.tgz contains the
patches to octave sources needed to support the new interface and removes
the old one. Also, the files pt-plot.{c,h} can be removed.

The other file gpt.tgz contains the sources for .oct functions implementing
the new interface. You need flex if you want to modify something. I haven't
tried to integrate the new code into the Octave build system, and would
appreciate if someone else could do this. The resulting files should be
placed to a directory in the LOADPATH.

For more information on how it works, see my initial posting: