Re: Octave 2.2.x Was: A group in Norway ...

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 2.2.x Was: A group in Norway ...
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:41:22 -0500

On 20-Jun-2003, Andy Adler <address@hidden> wrote:

| Which brings back the question: How far away (realistically) is 3.0?

I'm no good at estimating these kinds of things, but I'd guess more
than 6 months, maybe a year, to do all the things on the list.

So it probably makes sense to come up with some way to drop the 2.0.x
code (which is quite ancient now) without putting everyone on the
bleeding edge.

Which would be better:  a "stable" release or just going with the
"works pretty well" model?