Re: A group in Norway starts to develop support for multidimensional arr

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: A group in Norway starts to develop support for multidimensional arrays in Octave.
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:01:55 -0500

On 19-Jun-2003, Ole Jacob Hagen <address@hidden> wrote:

| A question; When will sparse matrix support appear in the Octave-core,
| and thereby removed from octave-forge?

When it is ready.

| This packages has been at
| octave-forge, for some time now??? Paul, what do you say?

Length of time in octave-forge doesn't really matter.  What does
matter is whether the code is reasonably complete and good enough to
be included with Octave.  The last time I looked at it, I thought it
was a good start, but not really ready.  Perhaps that has changed, but
I think it would still require some work before including it in the
core Octave distribution.