Re: Octave with non-gcc compilers and build testing

From: JD Cole
Subject: Re: Octave with non-gcc compilers and build testing
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 07:41:01 -0800

It might also be nice if 3rd party packages could build and test. Currently that's octave-forge, but I can see there may be others in the future, once we've got a Comprehensive Octave Archive Network up and running. One problem with octave-forge stuff is that it may depend on libraries such as qhull which may or may not be present. Testing octave-forge/main/parallel
will be even more of a challenge. :-)

Paul,
Just a thought on testing the parallel stuff...it shouldn't be too much trouble to come up with a test for Fujiwara's parallel code locally. As for code based which uses 3rd party packages, like MPI, I'm thinking that octave-forge should only compile it given if the configure script was given a -have-mpi or -with-parallel support, or something of this nature, in that case the appropriate tests could be run on a single machine. I don't think that testing the ability of the script to run on multiple machines should be the responsibility of the octave-forge test, this seems more like the responsibility of the parallel user.

Best,
JD