nrdo-list

[nrdo-list] Sql image columns revisited

From: Nick Warner
Subject: [nrdo-list] Sql image columns revisited
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:18:32 -0500

There was a question posed recently about image columns, and the answer was to use a string that is Base64-encoded. Im currently storing scanned images in the database and would like to use nrdo to create the data-aware object. Based on that, do any concerns jump readily to mind?

In the meantime, Im going to attempt to use the solution described above and see how well it works, but I want to change as little existing code as possible. I believe that I can insert the byte-array-to-Base64-string code between my custom scanning code and the data object so as not to cause a problem.

Any other ideas?

Nick Warner
Developer
Transaction Management, LLC.
817.284.9607 x3012
address@hidden

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please notify us by your e-mail reply feature and delete the original message and destroy any copies thereof.