Re: Trivia: space before '(others)' from 'folder' command

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: Trivia: space before '(others)' from 'folder' command
Date: 20 Jan 2024 08:48:36 -0700

Thus said Ken Hornstein on Fri, 19 Jan 2024 22:33:54 -0500:

> Yeah, that is exactly why it happens.  Honestly it doesn't personally
> bother me, but what do others think?

While I've never noticed it in  the context of "folder -pack" (because I
don't use  it) I think  it would be nice  if it's aligned  properly like
other nmh commands try to accomplish.

Not sure if  this is related, but  I have a similar  experience with the
folders command. For example, I have a folder OpenSourceML where I stuff
various subfolders  of things I'm subscribed  to and on my  80 character
wide terminal it  seems to be having trouble figuring  out the width. It
seems to be generating a line that  is exactly 81 characters long and so
in  my terminal  it wraps  the output  exactly on  the final  period (.)
leaving  a much  longer  (visually)  list of  output  than otherwise  is
necesary that looks like:

$ folders +OpenSourceML
FOLDER                                # MESSAGES  RANGE    ; CUR        (OTHERS)
OpenSourceML+                 has    no messages           ;            (others)
.
OpenSourceML/Bind             has   338 messages  (1-  338); cur=  338; (others)
.
OpenSourceML/OpenBSD          has    no messages           ;            (others)
.
OpenSourceML/fossil           has 16425 messages  (1-16425);            (others)
.
OpenSourceML/nongnu           has    no messages           ;            (others)
.

Is this perhaps an off-by-one error? Aside from that everything seems to
be impressively aligned just fine.

Andy