Re: Macintosh for nmh?

From: George Michaelson
Subject: Re: Macintosh for nmh?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 14:38:14 +1000

Orbiting back, It looks to have only been deployed in anger with Google POP.  And, in NEWS and the code it's marked as deprecated/unsupported for various reasons. But I would imagine it still works fine on the SMTP side.

for O365 I am using mbsync with the python oauth2 external proxy, because I need to coordinate MH with imap and this mechanism maintains a smallish statefile on the MH side, which tracks the current IMAP message store state.  Its "handle this imap store in a way which inc can read from, but inc is now dependent on 3rd party code" hell. A hell I am comfortable in, its the one with Banjos and Accordions but the food is good.

It very probably works, and works well if your inc use-case is POP, and works for SMTP. I haven't tested this.

-G

On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 10:25 AM George Michaelson <ggm@pobox.com> wrote:
I will have to find out why I couldn't get things to work before. I would love less components in my supply chain, so to speak.

On Sun, 31 Dec 2023, 10:21 am Ken Hornstein, <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:
>If you're on a mac and using O365 you may need
>https://github.com/simonrob/email-oauth2-proxy
>
>Using it for a year, happily.

We DO support XOAUTH2 natively, BTW.

--Ken