Re: nmh 1.8 -- repeated Welcome message unless there is a context change

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: nmh 1.8 -- repeated Welcome message unless there is a context change
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 15:19:49 -0500

>I see that nmh commands are reading the $MHCONTEXT file, parsing the
>line "Version: nmh-1.7.1" and printing the Welcome message, but not
>updating the file unless there is a context change:

In your .mh_profile you can put:

Welcome: disable

To disable the version checking completely.  There's not a wonderful
way of dealing with this if you are shuffling around contexts,
unfortunately (we probably should do better at making sure the context
is updated when we display the welcome message).

--Ken