Re: Crash in 'post' after recent commit - patch in next mail...

From: Valdis Klētnieks
Subject: Re: Crash in 'post' after recent commit - patch in next mail...
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 23:34:44 -0400

On Mon, 10 May 2021 04:17:44 -0700, David Levine said:
> Valdis wrote:
>
> > which gives free() indigestion. I suspect Fedora is using a hardened
> > malloc()
> > that does more sanity checking and that's why it didn't get caught right
> > away.
>
> Or the tests don't cover a path starting with '~'.
>
> > So obviously a more subtle solution is needed.
>
> Yeah, I'll work on that.

I originally put "patch in next mail" in the subject because the fix to not use
a static char[] seemed obvious.  Then I actually ran 'make check' and that blew
up in a way that was pretty obviously a case of somebody doing something subtly
dodgy indeed....

Good luck.  Hopefully chasing down why the "obvious" fix breaks isn't *too*
bad.