Re: sorting uniquely by message-id

From: Krullen Van De Trap
Subject: Re: sorting uniquely by message-id
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 22:03:36 +0000

Wolfgang Denk writes:
> It still fails in a number of cases because "pick -search 'message-id:.*'"
> searches everywhere in the message, including the body; I have a few
> messages (as mentioned before, without their own message ID as they
> were archived using a Fcc: header), which have an Message-ID: line
> embedded in the body.  Then this message is considered identical to
> the one containing this message-id in the header...

Dear Wolfgang,

I don't remember why I didn't use --message-id. Anyway, this patch
seems to work. It is also updated in the fossil repository.

12c12
< scan -width 0 -format "$format" $(pick -search 'message-id:.*' "$@") |
---
> scan -width 0 -format "$format" $(pick --message-id '' "$@") |

If nobody else gets to it, I may update manual page to say that these
are really are different, since this is unclear in the manual.

Your obedient servant,
Krullen Van De Trap