Re: Synchronization Problem

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: Synchronization Problem
Date: 31 Aug 2020 13:56:20 -0600

Thus said Ken Hornstein on Mon, 31 Aug 2020 13:25:17 -0400:

> Right, I  mean ...  that's probably sufficient.  But there  aren't any
> universal solutions. If you want to wrap every nmh command in a global
> lock, that's also an option.

The only command I run the risk  of running concurrently is inc, so this
is what I have:

$ cat /usr/local/bin/inc
#!/bin/sh
REALINC=`dirname "$0"`/inc.real
INCLOCK=`mhpath +`/.inc.lock
exec setlock "$INCLOCK" "$REALINC" "$@"

Andy
--

I believe in  only one thing: liberty;  but I do not  believe in liberty
enough to want to force it upon anyone. --- H. L. Mencken

TAI64 timestamp: 400000005f4d5609