Re: smtp.gmail.com and nmh

From: Tom R
Subject: Re: smtp.gmail.com and nmh
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 12:33:48 -0500

Hi Ralph:

On Wed 8/19/20 16:13 +0100 Ralph Corderoy wrote:
>>        --host smtp.gmail.com:587 \
>>        --user MYGOOGLE_USERNAME --password XXXXXX \
>>        --auth \
>> Would someone pls outline an approach I could use to do this with nmh
>> instead of perl? I'm guessing I would modify the 'send' or 'post'
>> steps somehow?
>>
>> Normally my email goes out through my sendmail MTA.
>
>Have you considered altering your sendmail MTA configuration so it knows
>Gmail is the ‘smarthost’ through which all outgoing email as
>you@gmail.com should be sent?  Then your nmh email could continue its
>route through sendmail, as now.

I have many email aliases in a couple of domains, that I use them for my
"envelope From".  I'm guessing I could not do that if I made Gmail
my sendmail 'smarthost'.

I'm trying, slowly to get away from google.
I'm very dependent on them, but it's a goal. I just got a nextcloud account,
on a non profit's vps, so I will be learning about that.

--
thanks!,
Tom