Re: mairix patches; mairix difference vs notmuch?

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: mairix patches; mairix difference vs notmuch?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:53:01 -0500

Conrad Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
    > In case it's of interest to anyone here, I recently got around to trying
    > mairix for indexing my MH mail and quite liked it.  Some niggles annoyed
    > me though so I've a fork up on github which:

Thank you.
I compiled and installed it.

    > I'm curious whether anyone has a strong preference for notmuch and if
    > so, why.  notmuch looks as if it might have the superior search indexer,
    > but its lack of support for mbox/MMDF was a killer for me as I regularly
    > throw old mail into .mmdf.xz, and even giving it a cursory try its
    > search results on the command line seemed to be completely unusable.

I haven't tried it.

My mairixrc:

base=/home/mcr/Mail
mh=sandelman/...
database=/home/mcr/Mail/database
mfolder=/home/mcr/Mail/mfolder
mformat=mh

I didn't figure out how to tell it to index all the folders in ~/Mail.
Maybe "mh=..." would work, not sure.

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [