Re: [nmh-workers] 'dist' in "1 line noninteractive script"

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] 'dist' in "1 line noninteractive script"
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 12:47:23 -0400

>Interesting/thanks.
>
>I can live without the -annotate working -- it works fine, but not with
>David's undocumented -file MSG_PATH.

Oh, huh, that's explicit:

    if (file) {
        /*
         * Dist a file
         */
        anot = false;   /* don't want to annotate a file */

I am neutral if that is a good idea or not.

In theory, though, you should be able to annotate anything when you
call send directly as long as the variables are set correctly.

Okay, I double-checked, and it turns out that's a lie.  For that all
to work you need to set mhfolder and mhmessages.

Huh, I wonder why?  It looks like mhmessages can actually be a LIST of
messages.  I guess you can use "forw" to generate more than one message
to be annotated.  So yeah, the annotations setup currently really is set
up to only work when they are normal messages in MH folders.  Sigh.
That's my "new nmh thing I just learned" for today, I guess.

--Ken