Re: [nmh-workers] Novel Definition of Deprecation.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Novel Definition of Deprecation.
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 12:25:07 -0400

>But what about our releases not matching many users' upgrade schedules
>so our one-release deprecation notice is of no use to many?  That would
>suggest more rapid change could be possible without the wait-a-release
>delay.  The alternative is to fudge it by releasing more often so we can
>hoodwink them in another way that they were given fair notice.  :-)

Sigh.  I think we're overthinking this ... there are no good answers.
I'm not so fond of releasing more often when there hasn't been
significant changes (we do have some reasonable bug fixes that have
occured since 1.7.1).  We're going to have users bitten by unexpected
changes, and that's just a fact of life.  I'm fine with the current
"keep for one release" schedule.  We have simply killed without
deprecating some other features along the way that were unused or didn't
make any sense anymore.

--Ken