Re: [nmh-workers] 'dist' in "1 line noninteractive script"

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] 'dist' in "1 line noninteractive script"
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 22:32:32 -0400

Tom writes:

> Changing topic a bit to "'dist' with msg as pathname ( not ending in an
> integer )"
>
> Although above 'send' worked, it
> would be nice to specify ~/Mail/sent/2022 as say ~/Mail/sent/bar,

send(1) doesn't care what the message file is named.  After successfully
sending the message, it will rename the file to, in the case of your example
above, ~/Mail/sent/,bar (with the default comma backup prefix).

dist(1) supports a -file switch, but it isn't documented.  We should consider
fixing that.

David