Re: [nmh-workers] Formatting HTML to Text: netrik.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Formatting HTML to Text: netrik.
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 18:20:55 +0100

Hi,

rfg wrote:
> I have trouble believe that in this day and age, when we have had
> REALLY widespread use of HTML for around a couple of decades now, that
> there are still -zero- tools tyat can quicky render HTML into plain
> text without mucking it up somehow.

I found https://github.com/jaytaylor/html2text#example-usage recently.
It's intended use is for accompany one's text/html email part with a
text/plain equivalent, but it could be the basis of rendering a received
text/html better than lynx(1), links(1), w3m(1), ...

It pulls in others' work for tables, etc.  Might be nice to see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select_Graphic_Rendition_(ANSI)#SGR_parameters
supported.  text/sgr anyone?  :-)  less(1) has -R.

--
Cheers, Ralph.