Re: [nmh-workers] Formatting HTML to Text: netrik.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Formatting HTML to Text: netrik.
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 15:56:52 -0400

>To answer your question, no, I have not reinstalled NMH, and I'm not even
>sure if that would be a Good Idea at this point or not.

Well, it might be!  See below ...

>I need to make clear also that on FreeBSD one has a choice of installing
>a particular thing as a pre-built binary "package" ro to built it from
>sources, possibly with customized options.  I have so far only done the
>former and not the latter.  If it turns out to be eithre necessary or
>helpful, I can, and certainly will do the latter.  But just now, I still
>have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.  I will circle
>back with you on all this as soon as I can. I still do desperately want
>to get all of the kinks in my personal nmh configuration ironed out.
>I just can't do that today.

Cy Schubert said he would commit some changes to the nmh package so
it had some more options that would give you a better experience, like
installing and configuring w3m for you and all of the magic to make
replyfilter work.  So I think if you go to the nmh ports directory
and do "make config" then you should get a dialog that would provide a
much better user experience.  And if you update your ports directory
in a few days using svnup, you should find a few changes that might
help you out (but don't let that stop you, you'd probably be in a lot
better shape if you built it from source and choose the appropriate
options).

--Ken