Re: [nmh-workers] Superhuman MUA.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Superhuman MUA.
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 09:02:35 -0400

>I heard of this Gmail-competitor MUA recently.  https://superhuman.com/
>Reading through its list of features, it seems quite easy to think of
>scripting some of them, e.g. delayed sending by refiling into a to-send
>folder that's posted in the background, or appending a future reminder
>to a per-day file to be inc'd.

I had not heard of it, so I took a look at it.  The web site sure does
look great, and features rocket engines, sparklers, and attractive
people playing tennis.  Which ... I guess is related to email?  Maybe if
I spend less time emailing I'll have more time to play tennis and I'll
be more attractive.

And a few of the features they claim to support seem ... impossible?
Like "Undo Send" ... how does THAT work?

>For the avoidance of doubt, this isn't suggesting we ship features like
>this, just a reaffirmation that being able to script mail-processing
>programs that work well together, and with the rest of Unix, is
>powerful.

Yeah, it's just convincing people of that (and getting our MIME support)
up to snuff).

--Ken