netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] compiling source leads to "problems" with game dat

From: Derek Arndt
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] compiling source leads to "problems" with game data
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:01:18 -0500

Mac OS 10.3, GCC 3.3.

I built physfs straight from CVS.

Oh, BTW....I believe in short time you can announce an OS X version available for Mac users :)

Hope that helps,
Derek

On Oct 22, 2003, at 3:46 AM, Matze Braun wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Derek Arndt wrote:

Hey,
First off I'd like to say I'm new to netpanzer and this mailing list
but I'm very excited to be involved (or so I say I'm "involved").

Second off I'd like to get to my problem...after hearing about this
game I decided to try and get it working myself.  I was able to build
off CVS and run the game. My problem came when it was initializing the
game on startup...

"Initialisation failed:
PAK file version of 'units/pics/pak/TitaTNSD.pak' is newer(16777216)
than the currently supported version(1)
Couldn't initialize the game: bootstrap failed."

so I concluded something must have been goofy off CVS.  So I tried
other data sources, and none of the others on the site appeared to
work.  So then I proceeded to build .1.1 off the source code links but
again faced the same problem.
I never faced this problem before. But it looks alot like damaged files...
Maybe also check if your physfs version is new enough.

Can you also tell me what system and compiler you're using?

Greetings,
        Matze