netpanzer-devel

[netPanzer-Devel] More Progress: The game runs

From: Matze Braun
Subject: [netPanzer-Devel] More Progress: The game runs
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:09:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Just another small progress report: After some more coding (thanks to
Tyler for the new blitters) the game finally shows up and runs now. The
only big parts missing are network code and sound now.
I already added SDLNet code, but it doesn't work yet. The soundcode needs
a rework of the sound interface, but to test it I already added a little
code to play music in the background (you can place your favourite .ogg
and .mp3 into the sfx/musix directory and you'll hear music).

I hope that we'll finish the porting work this week. After that we'll need
to decide what we wanna do with the game :) We surely need more code
refactoring and then we should look at the gameplay I think... Though we
could also try to improve some technical things like using real truecolor
instead of 256 color modes...

Greetings,
        Matze