[Nel] creating zones...

From: Andi [ Debug ]
Subject: [Nel] creating zones...
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:21:18 -0500

i've been hitting my head on this one for a while...

there has to be a simple way of working with huge / enourmous / insane amounts of zones at once... after all ryzom did it yeah.

so we have 1000 x 1000 patch grids ( surfaces ) each is 160 meters square of 10 x 10 segments ( patches ) each patch representing 16 x 16 tiles.... thats about 20x the amount max can handle and live to tell the tale so how do we manage so much data and paint / geoform efficiently.

there is some simple technique that nevrax must use to navigate / selectively manipulate the zones.

i can think of a way to manipulate geoformed data... with a script / plugin i can write but i dont; want to reinvent the wheel.