[Nel] NLSOUND

From: Andi [ Debug ]
Subject: [Nel] NLSOUND
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:46:14 -0500

Hi,

iv'e been trying to wade through NLSOUND and make our client use this system but i have some questions.

i get messages saying that it cannot load some packed_sheet files..

Exception will be launched: Read error in file 'sounds.packed_sheets' (End of file?)
Exception during reading the packed file and can't reconstruct them (Read error in file 'sounds.packed_sheets' (End of file?))

Exception will be launched: Read error in file 'user_var_binding.packed_sheets' (End of file?)
Exception during reading the packed file and can't reconstruct them (Read error in file 'user_var_binding.packed_sheets' (End of file?))

what are packed sheet files and what do they do.
are packed sheets just for sound.
are they required or optional.
how do we make them ( EVEN if they are optional ).
if they are for more than just sound how do we make the other types.

what sample bank format is used for loadSampleBank()
how do we create these sample banks.
how do we use them correctly.

i also get this message.

lookup(default.mixer_config): file not found

What should this file contain.
do you have any examples.

when we use drivertype AUTO it tries to use the openal driver why is this openal was depreciated i thought.
is there a directsound drivertype how do we use directsound driver instead of fmod.

Thanks

Debug