[Nel] New to Nevrax

From: Thomas Scott
Subject: [Nel] New to Nevrax
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:35:00 -0000

My name is Thomas Scott and I am the lead developer on an MMORPG called
Caeron3000.

I just stumbled across Nevrax today while searching for a free networking
engine for my MMORPG.  Much to my surprise I found an entire MMORPG engine for
free.  I have made a brief perusal of the documents and looked at the CVS tree
and I have seen the screens and movies from the Ryzom game.  However, I am
looking for the quickest path to learning this system and seeing if it will
suit our development needs.  Can anyone in the community help me with the
following?

1. What source files should I download?  I noticed there was an nel.zip and
also an nel-20020402.zip.  Which is correct?  And what other source packages
should I have.
2. What is the best place to start on documentation?  Are online docs the only
source or are there consolidated offline docs that I can print easily?
3. What is everyone's impression of Nevrax after working with it?

That's it for now.

Thanks,
Tom