RE: [Nel] About Simple Chinese Display

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: RE: [Nel] About Simple Chinese Display
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:35:36 +0100

Hello,

You could perhaps start with nel/samples/3d/font project. It's a very
small sample that displays some text on the screen.

ucstring is a std::string using ucchar instead of char.

In the sample, we have:

> ucstring ucs;
> ucs = 28000;
> ucs += 28108;
> ucs += 28188;
> ucs += 28858;
> // generate an unicode string. You can see it only if you have an
unicode font.
> // we haven't find a GPL unicode font yet :(
> CComputedString cptedString4;
> fontManager.computeString (ucs, tc.getFontGenerator(),
CRGBA(32,64,127), 75, CNELU::Driver, cptedString4);

You can replace the random number we setuped to test special character
with Simplifed Chinese.

Don't forget to use a Unicode font that has these simple Chinese
characters.

> tc.setFontGenerator ("n019003l.pfb", "n019003l.afm");

The default font (n019003l) contains only ASCII character.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a- C+++$UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o?
K- w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h-- r y?

XP.When I
> used Simple Chinese to chat,the words what I typed were not display.I
> debug the code and found the NEL3D::CFontManager::computeString
> function.It seems that the string has been treated as ucchar,just like
> wchar_t,and one letter of Simple Chinese was divided in to two ucchar.
> I Convert the String into mutibytes string,but the output still shows
> nothing.
>       How can I display the Simple Chinese letter?
>     Please help me.
>
>                                                       dadaxiaoxiao

address@hidden

2003-12-01