[Nel] Compiling nelns on linux

From: Merlin
Subject: [Nel] Compiling nelns on linux
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:15:21 -0800

Ok, I'm hoping someone out there has successfully compiled nelns on linux. I'm running Red Hat 8.0 and pulled STLport 4.5b8-1 from rpmfind. I exmanded the tarball and ran ./bootstrap. That worked with a few warnings about some things being deprecated. I then ran ./configure --with-stlport=/usr, and it errors out with:
checking for STLPort headers... /usr/include/stlport
checking for main in -lstlport... no
checking for STLPort library... no
configure: error: STLPort must be installed (http://www.stlport.org).

Now, the STLport RPM I installed included the files listed in the attached file (too long for inline here). Any suggestions/ideas on getting it past this first hurdle?

Thanks,
David