[Nel] NeL Build Problems

From: Mike Bresnahan
Subject: [Nel] NeL Build Problems
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:50:55 -0800

Hello, everyone.  I am brand new to Nevrax and I am having troubles with my
first build.

I have downloaded and built STLPort and FreeType 2 without much trouble, but
I have been unable to build NeL.  When I open the workspace file (nel.dsw)
with Visual C++ 6.0 SP5 it contains no projects.  What's up with that?

Ideally, I would like to build NeL with Cygwin.  I still want to use the
Visual C++ compiler, but I want to use bash, GNU make, etc. that come with
Cygwin.  Has anyone accomplished this?  It looks like a whole project to get
it to work.  First off, NeL makes use of autoconf and libtool, and these
tools are in a state of flux on Cygwin.  It appears that the only working
libtool on Cygwin requires autoconf 2.52.  Which version does NeL use?

Mike