[Nel] Re: Nel digest, Vol 1 #210 - 1 msg

From: nicO
Subject: [Nel] Re: Nel digest, Vol 1 #210 - 1 msg
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 13:36:33 -0500

I imagine that the data resend by the server are almost the same than
those send by the client. It isn't possible to mix this to technics ? We
can imagine peer to peer access for close characters to interract with a
minimuim latency. And for the farer charaters, we can use the server and
movement prediction (which could not be so bad because if there far, the
characters will be small on screen).

The idea behind that is to relax the pressure on the needed latency of
the server. Does it not possible to add some more intelligence inside
the client to predict what is usefull or not to minimize exchange ?

nicO