Re: [Nel] Compilation issues

From: Mike Follwerk
Subject: Re: [Nel] Compilation issues
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:32:16 +0200

Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> driver_opengl_vertex.cpp: In method `bool
> NL3D::CVertexBufferHardGL::init(NL3D::CDriverGL *, short unsigned int,
[...]
> I don't know why, but it looks like these GL functions doesn't exist on
> my system. I don't know OpenGL much so I can't be of great help here -
> but I'm sure I'm using a recent Mesa (the one that is merged with XFree
> 4.1.0).

this is a problem I also ran into. I found these functions defined in
the header files that come with the NVidia XFree 4.x drivers. The NVidia
GL header files are by default (if you use the RPMs under Linux)
installed somewhere under /usr/doc as to not interfere with your normal
headers. Just take a look into the file list of the RPM. The NVidia GL
library also contains the neccessary symbols.

So, are these functions NVidia-specific?

CYa,
   Mike