nano-devel

Build report for nano-5.2

From: Nelson H. F. Beebe
Subject: Build report for nano-5.2
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 17:42:05 -0600

I'm pleased to report that I've done successful builds and installs of
nano-5.2 on at least these systems (all x86-64, unless otherwise
noted):

        CentOS 5, 7, 8
        FuryBSD 12.1
        macOS 10.3.6 (High Sierra)
        RedHat 8
        Solaris 10 [SPARC]
        Solaris 11
        Ubuntu 20.04

With a trivial patch, I also got a successful installation on OmniOS:
the build initially failed with

    /usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/uumath/include -I/usr/include/gmp
-I/usr/uumath/include    \
        -Wall -R/usr/uumath/lib -L/usr/uumath/lib -R/usr/gnu/lib
    \
         -L/usr/gnu/lib -o nano browser.o chars.o color.o cut.o files.o
    \
         global.o help.o history.o move.o nano.o prompt.o rcfile.o
    \
         search.o text.o utils.o winio.o ../lib/libgnu.a -lz -lncurses
    initscr32                           nano.o
    w32addch                            prompt.o
    w32attron                           browser.o
    w32attroff                          browser.omake[2]: Leaving directory
'/local/build/gcc/nano-5.2/src'

I restarted with

        make LIBS='-lz -lncurses -ltermlib'

and that was successful.

I'll now do some builds on other CPU architectures, and report back in
a day or two.

- Department of Mathematics, 110 LCB    Internet e-mail: beebe@math.utah.edu  -
- 155 S 1400 E RM 233                       beebe@acm.org  beebe@computer.org -