monotone-devel

Official snapshot with Botan 2

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Official snapshot with Botan 2
Date: Sat, 08 May 2021 13:22:15 +0200

                Hello
        I am trying to maintain a Monotone package in Nixpkgs. Currently
the Botan 1 version needed to build the latest Monotone release seems to
get a bunch of vulnerabilities reported (and so is marked insecure in
Nixpkgs). I have used net.venge.monotone.lapo.botan2 branch and the PCRE
8.42 patch by Petr Písař to build Monotone with fresher versions and
indeed it works fine, syncs with 1.1 releases etc. However, right now
the only way I can grab it is via Monotone netsync, which is not good
for a Monotone package in a distribution package repository.

        Could there be an officially hosted snapshot of Botan 2
buildable Monotone source? Or maybe even 1.2 release if PCRE
compatibility patches would also be included. Failing that I guess
I will just mirror it at https://github.com/7c6f434c/monotone-mirror
(so that at least in principle people could diff and compare with
upstream repository diff by diff) and use GitHub's tarball download
feature from there. (Choice of GitHub: so that the mirror is linked to
my Nixpkgs comitter identity)

Thank you, goodbye
Michael Raskin.