monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone tests failing under Debian automated buil

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Monotone tests failing under Debian automated building
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:07:28 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 22:42:50 +0100, Francis Russell
<address@hidden> said:

francis> On 29/04/12 10:23, Markus Wanner wrote:
francis>
francis> Hi Markus,
francis>
francis> > Please note the doc change - and feel free to comment about it. I'm
unsure.
francis>
francis> On upgrading, I ended up with copies of the docs in both
francis> /usr/share/doc/monotone and /usr/share/doc/monotone-doc. I'm not 100%
francis> sure why since a purge and reinstall resulted with them only in
francis> /usr/share/monotone-doc.

One of them was a softlink to the other, as per these lines of
debian/rules in earlier revisions:

  # For now, we link /usr/share/doc/monotone-doc to /usr/share/doc/monotone
  override_dh_installdocs:
        dh_installdocs --link-doc=monotone

Removing those lines didn't remove the old docs in
/usr/share/doc/monotone, and didn't change the fact that
/usr/share/doc/monotone-doc was a softlink in previous installs, is
what I'm guessing.

This might be a bit tricky, btw.  Maybe we need to make sure that for
the packages monotone-doc, monotone-server and monotone-extras, the
documentation softlink gets removed prior to installing the docs?

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/