monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Over-complicated debian/rules

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Over-complicated debian/rules
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 06:12:48 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:46:07 -0800, Zack Weinberg
<address@hidden> said:

zackw> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Richard Levitte <address@hidden> wrote:
zackw> > Modern versions of dh are quite capable and really need a very small
zackw> > debian/rules.  From that point of view, the current 'rules' in
zackw> > org.debian.monotone{,.for-mtn-1.0} looks overly complicated and
zackw> > frankly, aged, and with hack upon hack, it's gotten a bit tangled to
zackw> > boot.  Does anyone mind if I try to remake it into something simpler,
zackw> > easier to follow?
zackw>
zackw> You're welcome to try, but the last time I tried, (which was not so
zackw> long ago in Debian's terms) none of it could be deleted without
zackw> breaking something.  Note in particular that 'dh', AFAIK, still does
zackw> not support the hacks that are necessary to prevent the manual from
zackw> getting built on the buildds (which in turn is what keeps monotone
zackw> transitions from getting entangled with TeXLive transitions, so we
zackw> *really* do not want to lose that).

It's still quite possible to keep those hacks, in form of overrides.
It does mean, though, that all the standard junk kan be tossed and
left to 'dh' to handle.

A question about buildds, do they not build monotone-doc?

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/