monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] New release

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] New release
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:54:34 +0100

Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Therefore, please choose one of the two approaches below:
>
> * add the bug fix as a Debian-specific patch but keep the base version
>   at 0.48
>
> or
>
> * package 0.48.1 with a new .orig.tar.gz and no Debian-specific patch
>   for the bug fix.

The first problem is that we have two bug fixes. 0.48.1 was released
because it was possible to crash the monotone server if it had remote
command execution enabled. The SQLite bug needs patching because SQLite
3.7.1 made it into testing. The fix for that isn't in 0.47.1. Either
way, we need at least one Debian specific patch. I could probably
isolate the 0.48.1 bugfix then include it as a patch, I just wonder if
users will get confused when they read the blog entry or something else
telling them to upgrade to 0.48.1 and we've included the fix in 0.48.

Francis