monotone-debian

[Monotone-debian] yup, yet another Debian patchlevel release

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-debian] yup, yet another Debian patchlevel release
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:54:59 -0400

I've built and uploaded version 0.40-5 to
http://www.transientstation.com/debian/ -- please check and sponsor.
As with 0.40-4, this corresponds to t:monotone-0.40-5, but please use
the .diff.gz from the above website, which unlike repository diffs
includes the necessary regeneration of Makefile.in.

Changelog:

  * Backport from upstream development tree:
    - fix for broken ssh_agent support
    - testsuite hardening against unusable network, and DISABLE_NETWORK_TESTS
      environment variable support
    - improved contrib/dump-test-logs.sh
  * debian/rules: Set DISABLE_NETWORK_TESTS when running the testsuite;
    this may cure the mips buildd problems for real.  Also, implement
    support for DEB_BUILD_OPTS=parallel rather than probing available CPUs.
  * monotone binary package Suggests: monotone-doc and monotone-server
    (Closes: #476155)

I will manually close bug 474280 if this gets us past the mips
problems.  If by chance this successfully builds on ia64 (quite
possible; the failure on ia64 is either a hardware fault or a compiler
bug) I will also manually close 484749, otherwise I will ask the
ftpmasters to remove the package from unstable on ia64.  (The
toolchain is now frozen so there is no hope of getting the problem
fixed if it is actually a compiler bug.)

There may be a delay of up to a week and a half in my doing these
things, because I'm about to move across the country and who knows
when I'll have reliable internet access again.  Please feel free to
pick up the ball (after obsessively checking
http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=monotone of
course).

zw