monotone-debian

[Monotone-debian] monotone 0.40-4 ready, needs sponsoring

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-debian] monotone 0.40-4 ready, needs sponsoring
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 14:43:44 -0400

Version 0.40-3 of the package had some nasty problems with it: not
only does it not autobuild, upgrades pf monotone-doc or
monotone-server from 0.39-x fail because converting a directory into a
symlink is apparently something dpkg cannot do itself; one has to help
it out in the maintainer scripts.

I have put a fixed release, 0.40-4, at
http://www.transientstation.com/debian/  This time, I tested
autobuilding (using pbuilder from the .dsc) and install/upgrade (using
piuparts) so I'm confident that the serious bugs are all fixed.
Ludovic, would you mind checking and uploading?  I did check all my
changes into nvm.debian-diff and tag monotone-0.40-4, but please use
the source package from the above URL instead - that way we can be
sure we get the right changes to the makefiles.  I think it's
important to flush the broken 0.40-3 out of unstable quickly, so
please let me know if/when you have time to do the upload.

Unfortunately I am not able to sign the packages, the computer with my
PGP key on it is malfunctioning.

zw