monotone-announce

[Monotone-announce] monotone 0.48.1 released

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: [Monotone-announce] monotone 0.48.1 released
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:43:24 +0200

Hi!

This is to announce that we, the monotone developers, have released
version 0.48.1 of our distributed version control system.

While we are heading towards 1.0 and still planning to release 0.99 in
the near future, we found an issue that is security related and thus
warrants making a bugfix release:

In monotone 0.48 and earlier, running "mtn ''" or "mtn ls ''" caused an
internal error. This could be misused to stop a server remotely (but
only if it was configured to allow execution of remote commands). This
has been fixed on mainline and in 0.48.1.

Therefore everyone running such a server should update as soon as
possible.

Please check as always the NEWS file [0] for a detailed list of changes
and improvements. Binaries will be posted as they come in and will be
retrievable from the downloads page [1].

Thanks for your time,
Thomas.

[0] http://monotone.ca/NEWS
[1] http://monotone.ca/downloads.php